Sending refund through Resolution Center

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

Sending refund through Resolution Center

I need to refund a portion of the rent to the guest. The wi-fi Internet in the property is disabled right now, so the guest agreed to use his own Internet connection and I agreed to give a refund of $25 per day for a total of $50. When I go to the Resoultion center, to send money, the only choice for the reason I am sending is "Change dates or guests" and that is not the reason I am sending. The web site tells me to use the Alterations Tool, but that tool does not allow for a specified refund amount. It does allow me to change the price per night. Is that the way I have to do it? Will doing this price change affect my ranking or status?

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Bob39,

Where you've got to doesn't sound like the resolution centre. The only purpose of the resolution centre is to send or request money.

It sounds like you're in the reservation change section.

You can get to the resolution centre via the website by clicking on "Your reservations", then on "View all reservation history" at the bottom of the page.

Then click on "Report a problem" for the reservation concerned.

You will then see two buttons "Send money" and "Request money".

Click to send and choose the person to send it to and proceed from there.

Having done it myself twice I can say that it hasn't affected my ranking in searches or my status.

Steve.

Thank you for your reply. When I go to the Resolution Center, I see the buttons "Send Money" and "Request Money." I click on the "Send Money" button, and then I get a list of the reservations, and I click the button for this reservation, then I click on the "Next" button.

I am still in the Resolution Center, and I am presented with a list of reasons for sending money, but there is only one choice in the list: "Change Dates or Guests." There is no other choice.

If I click on "Change Dates or Guests" a box pops up that says "Please update your reservation with our Alterations Tool." If I click on that, it takes me out of the Resolution Center, to the Alterations Tool. That's how I got there.

It seems that the list of choices on the Send Money page should have included an "Other..." option or something to allow me to just refund a guest directly. But they have not checked in yet, they aren't coming until Tuesday. So for now the only choice listed is "Change Dates or Guests."

Besides that, there is another bug: if I go to the Alterations Tool and enter a new price for the reservation, and click on "Submit Alteration," then click on "Yes - propose these alterations" I am then given an error message page that says:

Shoot! Well, this is unexpected… Error code: 500

An error has occurred and we're working to fix the problem! We’ll be up and running shortly.

If you need immediate help from our customer service team about an ongoing reservation, please call us. If it isn’t an urgent matter, please visit our Help Center for additional information. Thanks for your patience!

For urgent situations please call us 

So even if I try to do this by changing the price charged, it still won't let me. 

Meanwhile the guest is sitting there waiting for their refund.

Hello @Bob39,

Is the guest still with you or have they left or have they yet to check in?

I presumed, maybe wrongly, that the guest had checked in.

When I click on "Send money" and choose a guest who has not checked in yet I get only "Change dates or guests".

For  a guest who has checked out I get a choice between "unclean or inaccurate listing" and "Other trip related issues".

For a guest who is still with me I get the same two alternatives plus "Change dates or guests".

If the guest has yet to check in then the way to do it may be to click on "Change or cancel" for the reservation. Then click on "Change reservation" and change just the price. Then click "Submit alteration".

Steve.

OK thank you Steve. I will do it that way. The guest has not checked in yet.