Serious technical issue with listing (November 2019 - new Airbnb version)

Dario267
Level 3
Barcelona, Spain

Serious technical issue with listing (November 2019 - new Airbnb version)

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a serious technical issue with the platform (confirmed by Airbnb).

A week ago I realized that my listing had completely disappeared from the platform without making any changes.

The number of visits decreased drastically during the last days and in the end I realized that something weird was happening.

Has anyone of you experienced something similar in recent days, such as the listing doesn't show:
- if some specific fields are not filtered
- even if you have activated the 'instant booking'
- although no recent changes have been made to the host control panel

Your thoughts are very appreciate!
Thanks!

53 Replies 53

Not the same for me.

I didn't make any changes related this feature.
I live in a little island (Fuerteventura) and people that coming are checked one by one.
So 'instant booking' is a good tool for my property because each guest is registered at the Local Police.

Just to make sure I'm understanding you, @Dario267 :

You have Instant Book enabled, but you have NO guest requirements (ie: under the "Guest Requirements tab, the only thing that is checked is the "Airbnb Standard Requirements". Is that correct?

Correct, Jennifer.

IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!

Screenshots attached.

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-15 a las 18.33.58.pngCaptura de pantalla 2019-11-15 a las 18.35.02.png

@Dario267 OK. I've just searched incognito for your listing. It does appear, but yes, as soon as I turn on the instant book filter, it disappears. I tried searching while logged in, and your listing is the first one that showed when I searched with dates (9-13 Dec), but again, it disappeared when I turned on instant book.

On the off chance - have you cancelled any bookings recently (even if they were part of the 3 that are allowed penalty free)? I've had instant book disabled on my listing for this, even though it shows on my end that it works. The cancellation was at the root of my problem with it.

No cancellations… I'm desperate!

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-15 a las 19.10.05.png

Allowable cancellations don't show up in your stats. If you haven't cancelled anyone in the last month, and you've unchecked, then rechecked IB, I'm out of ideas, @Dario267 .

All I can suggest is continuing to hound tech support for an answer and a fix, I'm afraid. I'm so sorry I can't think of anything else. If something occurs to me, I'll be sure to come back here.

Do try to keep us updated on what the issue was, once it's resolved.

Jennifer,

I just have called Airbnb.

I have ZERO cancellations in my listing.

They have reported this as a priority issue.

Let's wait and see.

Thanks again for your help!

It is not going to show up in incognito with instant book filter turned on as you have government ID and recommendations form other hosts turned on.   

I don't think he does, though, @Yocencia0 - the screen shots he posted just have the standard requirements checked.

Baffling!

Sorry @Yocencia0, but it is incorrect.

If it was as you posted, I wasn't able to see any properties…

@Jennifer1421 My listing also would disappear in the past when I checked off all of the vetting requirements. It would reappear when I removed these requirements. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Yocencia0  @Jennifer1421 

Many thanks for the tip (thumbs up)

Will go and do a little editing

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Yocencia0  @Jennifer1421 

Yay it worked, thank you super heroes

@Dario267  yes this just happened to us.

Editing the description fixed the problem as mentioned in another post.

Our instant booking filter is working.

Please @Kevin1322, could you be more specific?
Thanks anyway for your help!