Service Fee Calculation

EcoHomz0
Level 1
Malaysia

Service Fee Calculation

Hi,I would like to know what is the exact calculation for the Airbnb Host service fee?

As the service fee I get is always in the different calculation method.

I wonder if anyone can let me know the exact calculation for the Host Service Fee.

Thank you.

9 Replies 9
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I believe there is no exact calculation - it seems to be fluctuating.  

as I know the percentage is 3% to Host right?

In my experience it varies a bit - but not sure how much.  

okay, do you know where I could get contact to direct AirBNB to know more details bout this stuff?

Find the community help guides at the top of the forum.  But I do believe they will be very vague and explain the discrepancies as currency fluctuations. Better just accept that there are differences and that is simply the way it is.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @EcoHomz0,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

Just to add to the tips from @Marit-Anne0. Before contacting the Support Team, I would recommend taking a look at this Airbnb Help Center article which explains more about the Host Service fee and where to find it on your payment (in your Transaction History on your Airbnb account): What are the Host Service Fees? and What are the Guests Service Fees?.

I hope this helps and provides a useful overview. Let us know how you get on. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rob138
Level 1
Kalamunda, Australia

1. Looking at other replies - there seems to be a scaling of fees for different areas.  However, for my area I find that I am charged approximately 3.0% with a variation in the second decimal - whether for a three month or one week booking.
Sue-And-Brett0
Level 1
Avalon Beach, Australia

I also would like to know why the Host service fee fluctuates even on the same fee??

Also would like to know how to obtain a financial year statement for Host service fees at Tax time

Leola0
Level 2
Irvington, NY

Did anyone ever get the answer about how Airbnb calculates payments to co-hosts?