Shared Bathroom for guests ?

Lakota0
Level 2
Hyde Park, NY

Shared Bathroom for guests ?

I'm new to Airbnb I just opened up one of my larger rooms with the fireplace it is absolutely gorgeous there is a full bath and a private entrance for a guest to use .   My dilemma is I have another smaller room right next to the larger room but they would have to share the full bath .  Statistically saying do more people like their own bath or do they not mind sharing a bath ?  If I rent out the smaller bedroom it is very close - like headboard would be on same wall as bigger room.  Not sure how to solve this dilemm as the smaller room is just as nice as the larger room 

1 Reply 1
Corliss2
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

@Lakota0 

One option might be for you to have two listings. Listing #1 is one bedroom; Listing #2 is for both bedrooms. This way, the party that books continues to have the luxury of a private bath.

A second option would be to add an addtional third listing exclusively for for bedroom#2. The disadvantage of this is then each individual bedroom is listed as "shared bath."

You could experiment with this and see which option produces the highest revenue. Personally, I would try option #1 initially and see how often both rooms are booked together.