Shared Rooms/Individual beds

Shared Rooms/Individual beds

Hi,

I am currently starting as hosting in AIRBNB. My house has two private rooms and one shared room with three bunk beds (6 beds in total). For me it is quite clear that I need at least one listing for each private room. However, when it comes to shared rooms and renting out individual beds, do I have to create a listing for each available bed in the shared room, or is it enough by creating just one listing with "Shared Room" and indicating 6 beds.

For example let's assume I have one listing with a Shared Room with 6 beds; if one person books 2 beds in the Shared Room for tomorrow, will it appear booked in AIRBNB, or would another person be able to book up to 4 beds in the Shared Room for the same day?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Reply 1
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Javier192,

You need a listing for each bed in the shared room.  That way one person can book one bed, and another person (in another group) can book another.  Name the listings "Bed in shared room, #1", etc, so you can be on top of who books which bed.  It will matter to some people wheter they get the window side, or an upper bunk, etc.