Short term listing

Beata70
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Short term listing

My name is Beata and I am an Airbnb host.

My Airbnb listing has been listed since approximately the beginning of 2020.  Everything was easy.  The set up, getting my short term license and staring off with a lot of bookings and interest. I live in West Seattle, WA where demand on renting is very high. 

About a 2 months ago I was going to open my month of August and September to renters, but found out that my listing was gone. Reaching out to Airbnb I learned that I am no longer able to rent my home as a short term listing, while other short term listings in my neighborhood are up and going.  My short term listing license is valid through December 2020 and now renewed with a city of Seattle. Airbnb support opened the ticked on June 30th 2020, and shortly thereafter it was escalated to a higher-tiered technical team.  Unfortunately, after another four weeks nothing has been resolved.  In the last 18 days I have had no calls, no emails, with support ( witch is completely unreachable), and the ticket is still unresolved and it appears to not be a priority.

A last-resort option I am willing to consider is completely deleting the listing and recreating it - losing essential references and guest reviews - but was discouraged from doing so by the support technician; instead allowing time to resolve the issue internally.

A lot of potential guests have been lost, and I continue to miss an increasing number of opportunities every day this issue remains unresolved.  The lost earnings for myself and Airbnb is extremely stressful and unsettling to me.

Beata 

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Beata70 

I noticed your listing is active and is also in the serach system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=80566034&map_toggle=true

It shows availibility in October

best regards,

Emiel