Should I be concerned?

Ahren1
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Should I be concerned?

I rented a place on airbnb that i still see on homeAway and the host of still sending homeAway emails asking for payment and booking 2 days later. Am I at risk of being double booked? If this happens will airbnb cover the cost difference between my original booking and the last minute booking which will surely be more expensive?
The place is highly rated on both sites, but theres only 10ish reviews

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ahren1 That is a little unsettling.  Hosts on Airbnb are forbidden from asking for money outside the Airbnb platform.  Please get straight in touch with Airbnb and ask them to sort this out and confirm that you are booked and that the host can't ask for more money.  Here is a post on all the ways to contact Airbnb.  You can message them on Twitter @Airbnbhelp or give them a call or consult this guide to find out how to get to them online.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/416436#M5...

I don't think its so much that she is asking for payment outside airbnb so much as she might not realize that I rented it on airbnb/I'm the same person. 

I'd assume she uses both sites for greater exposure to customer, and I think shes much more active on homeaway than airbnb. 

My concern is that it may get double booked, or someone may book for more $ on homeaway and she may cancel my airbnb reso

@Ahren1 I get it.  I host on both sites and the calendars are synced to prevent double bookings. Just get Airbnb involved so everything is clear for both you and the host.