Should I file a complaint?

Rose452
Level 2
New York, NY

Should I file a complaint?

We just arrived in our air bnb which we had booked because it has 1.5 baths to find out the half bath is not accessable because the host is using it to store their stuff. I guess I should have realized this listing was risky since the host asked a week before if I needed all the rooms they had listed. I tried to be easy going, but I felt pressured to be pleasant and not get a bad review. When I told them I did need the bedrooms, they apparently decided I meant I didn't need both bathrooms (which we definitely do). I get the feeling the owner just doesn't understand how to be professional- if you list 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, they should be available to the guest. Maybe she thought she should describe her apartment and then negotiate which parts the guest can use. I don't want her to lose money or get kicked off the platform (or leave me a bad review). What should I do? 

1 Reply 1
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

If it was advertised as 1.5 baths, you should have access to 1.5 baths. It's protocol to let Airbnb know right away if something was supposed to be there but wasn't.