Single and double bookings.

Gabrielle23
Level 1
Skennars Head, Australia

Single and double bookings.

I have problems with doubles trying to book as singles, because I charge a little extra per night for double.  Does anyone have this problem? How do I change the booking request if someone books for a single but is actually a double?

9 Replies 9
Anne139
Level 4
Crestone, CO

YES>  I have he same issue.  People book as one person as per their profile & its almost always a couple if not Three people.....

I am finding it very difficult to contact AIR BNB with ANY issue lately.

They used to be much easier to contact.  Its frustrating.

Best of luck.

Anne, Crestone, Colorado.

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

I price my listing for two. If your listing is a vacation destination, most people on vacation are at least a pair. If you get an inquiry from a single you can make them a 'special offer' with a discount.

Marguerite8
Level 2
Southbroom, South Africa

It would be more user friendly if one could charge according to the number of occupants.

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

This is host voice forum for suggestions for system improvements.  However, just my two cents  - I think most people expect to be able to have at least two people per booking - a couple probably doesn't even think to mark the number staying that's just how automatic that is.  Maybe just try pricing your place at the charge for two people.  If you want to offer a discount for singles, that is up to you.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gabrielle23,

Great to meet you. 

Just to update you, I have moved your post out of the 'Host Voice' board as this is a place to suggest ideas, to the Community Help board here.

I hope this is fine with you. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

And system Admin person... you didn't actually answer the question did you. Way to go. 😞

Judi18
Level 1
Wick Saint Lawrence, United Kingdom

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST HOW I SPECIFY THAT £40 IS FOR SINGLE OCCUPANCY ONLY AND THAT £70 IS FOR DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ?

Michelle-and-Bruce0
Level 1
Wedderburn, Australia

I am having the same problem with two singles booking as two when it is one plus an extra as they use two rooms. I don't want to put my fee up for two to cover this problem but I seem to be getting caught all the time.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Gabrielle

The simple answer is to keep the price the same for one or two people the only increase in variable costs should be for water usage particularly when there is only one bed involved.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III