Slow payments??

Answered!
Russell71
Level 2
Hallett Cove, Australia

Slow payments??

Hi everyone.

My first ever post so please be gentle.

Has anyone else noticed a slow down in release of payments???

Twice now my payments are a lot slower and to be honest I keep my current account low and budget anticipated payments in (plus or minus a few days) - slower than normal payments have caused a problem twice now.

One guest was staying 20 days, after some propting to Airbnb they said there was an issue with a client overpayment - I recieved the payment 3 days before departure!.

Our current guest is departing tomorrow after a 10 day stay and still I have no sign of payment!!!

Looking at the payment guidelines it looks as if Airbnb have changed them slightly.

I just feel it is unfair to withold the funds for so long.

Does anyone else notice this??

Thanks 

Russell

1 Best Answer

@Russell71

from your link, it did not look like any different from last time i saw it, that was more then a year ago i checked it, I think with larger bookings they want to make sure the whole stay is ok, but you should be able to see the money is in your airbnb account after 24 hours your guest checked in. just you might not able to transfer it to your bank account (I think that is only apply to new host). I had a guest that stayed with me for 3 months, they were paying a month at a time, I am sure i saw the money in my airbnb account 24 hours after the check in time.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Can you provide a link to those guidelines you're referring to, @Russell71? I haven't seen any payouts delayed yet myself, knock on hard wood, but I've read some posts by other hosts stating so.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Russell71
Level 2
Hallett Cove, Australia

Hi Marzena This is the link to the info page.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout

Christopher305
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

@Russell71

My last payment from airbnb was last month, I did not think that was any delay with the tranfser, unless it has changed between my last payment and your post.

Have you checked how much you want airbnb accumulate before they send you the money?  you don't want them send you money too offen, I am not too sure in aus, but in nz, the bank charge $15 NZD for me to recive international transfer, so i set mine to $900 before airbnb send me the money.  When airbnb send me the money, they will also send out a E-mail notification saying the money and bla bla bla is on the way, and usually take about 3 to 5 working days to show up in my bank account, that is working day, so you might need to count in pontential holiday in the US and aus during the transfer.

Thanks  Christopher.

No I don't have any delay settings.

It's strange as the delays are on 2 larger bookings.

@Russell71

from your link, it did not look like any different from last time i saw it, that was more then a year ago i checked it, I think with larger bookings they want to make sure the whole stay is ok, but you should be able to see the money is in your airbnb account after 24 hours your guest checked in. just you might not able to transfer it to your bank account (I think that is only apply to new host). I had a guest that stayed with me for 3 months, they were paying a month at a time, I am sure i saw the money in my airbnb account 24 hours after the check in time.

May I know how you set the $900 limit on the app? I’m very new with airbnb. Thanks!

Nate47
Level 2
Caloundra, Australia

Yes I just contacted them about slow payments it's a bit slack considering the have the money sitting there since the guest booked! 

I have been a host for a month now, there is no arguement that AirBNB have a large community and marketplace, but they are failing miserably on payments. The payments are slow and inconsistant AirBNB are quick to blame Australian banks for their sortfalls but infact after researching with my bank they have admitted that any funds that appear in the account will be highlighted immediately saying funds uncleared once you go to online banking. So I have gone to online banking and no uncleared funds from World Pay never appear, so the it relies on AirBNB telling more lies about bank transactions. The Australian Government and Business heads are noting that all payments are being taken out of the country for long periods of time and only released 24 hours after the guest has stayed even when the guest has paid in full well in advance. The money is shipped overseas where it obviously gains interest, it is the further delayed by 5 - 7 days after the guest has left, so some clients & hosts wont see their money for a month or more if they plan their trip well in advance by booking. The whole system is a ruse, and now as of a couple of days ago AirBNB & World Pay have had all their transactions bounce back effecting 23,000 Australian hosts, thats a massive 1% of the countires population. Now AirBNB representatives are blaming World Pay for the glitch, I will research who is behind World Pay but I bet you its owned by AirBNB or some of its subsideries. The Australian Government is being bombarded by leading business figures and lobbyists for AirBNB to open an Australian Bank and be subject to our taxes but AirBNB resists and we pay the penalty as hosts in this country as our payments that we are entitled to are being withheld by AirBNB and their financial instititions, change has to happen and it will watch this space. So I am in 100% agreement with you Russell the payments are increasingly slow and the denial from AirBNB is pathetic and smug. Benny