Smart Pricing Bug - Setting All Nights to Minimum

Derek207
Level 1
Houston, TX

Smart Pricing Bug - Setting All Nights to Minimum

This is the second month in a row I have had an issue with Smart Pricing setting my nightly rates to my minimum for my entire 6 month window. I have over $200 in lost revenue due to this issue now. I reported it to Airbnb, but they said everything was working properly. I called bulls***, because I develop software for a living and know a bug when I see one. It appears to happen at the beginning or end of the month. My guess is their Smart Pricing algorithem is re-calibrating incorrectly for a day or so.

2 Replies 2
Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Dear Derek, I'd avoid using smart pricing entirely & go thru your calendar setting your own high & low prices. Smart pricing was under the impression that graduation week in May was the lowest of low seasons here in Berkeley. It had turned itself on it seems but luckily for me I caught it ahead of time- otherwise my nightly price would have been ridiculous & I'd probably had some less than stellar guests. It's labor intensive to manually set the prices but truly worth it, Sally

Rhys36
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi Derek,

There are third party tools that you can use to help adjust pricing that are much more powerful than the Smart Pricing. The two popular ones are Price Labs and Wheelhouse. Also a lot of the better property management softwares have that feature built in as well.