Smart Pricing Bug - feature switched on by system for all calendars

Vice4
Level 1
Split, Croatia

Smart Pricing Bug - feature switched on by system for all calendars

Hello, 

I use smart price feature since 2016. (and I know how to use it). 

My strategy is to use smart price feature for pre and post season, but in top season I setup prices manually...

Today somehow smart price feature was activated (not by me) for all my calendars, and I instantly received 3 reservations in top season dates by much lower prices (more than 3x less)...

I just contact Airbnb support and I report this problem.

Any suggestions what to do....? 

4 Replies 4
Airbnb
Official Account

Hello @Vice4 ,
A few hosts here in the Community Center reported that they have seen prices on their calendar change and received some bookings that did not reflect the prices they expected given their current settings.
Our engineering team has identified the issue and is presently working on fixing it. We realize that this is frustrating and are handling it with urgency. 
Thank you for your patience.

@Airbnb 

Is Airbnb going to urgently "fix" the shortfalls in earnings for the hosts cheated out of their rightful income by this recurring "glitch" too? 

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE
Airbnb
Official Account

Update: thank you all for your patience. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience the Smart Pricing issue is causing you. We know some of you received bookings during the time of the disruption. For those of you who received bookings that were affected by the disruption, we are in the process of reaching out to each of you individually to ensure appropriate compensation for those nights. You should receive an email with next steps within the next few days.

@Vice4 @Susan17 @David-Erik0