Smart Pricing or Custom Promotion

Troy224
Level 1
Olympic Valley, CA

Smart Pricing or Custom Promotion

I've run a Custom Promotion in recent weeks and increased the offer from 15% to 20% to 25% to get all the advantages from that feature, but still have not received bookings.  In the past, I've just had Smart Pricing turned on, adjusted the Minimum Price based on demand and have received bookings.  Perhaps it is the low season now, but I am wondering if the "Custom Promotion" pricing is not as effective as simply using "Smart Pricing".  Defining "effective" in terms of Views, Wishlists and ultimately Bookings.

Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

- Will I be high up on the proposed listings and get more views/bookings if I simply leave Smart Pricing on set to a low Minimum Price?

OR

- Will I be high up on the proposed listings and get more views/bookings if I use the Custom Promotion feature and set a 25% discount that results in the exact same price?

In my example, the 25% Custom Promotion will display $118 stashed to $89 OR I can just set by MInimum Price to $89 and Smart Pricing will display $89 on most nights.  I've done both methods and have proven via the Calendar and Listing page I can make the price display as $89 per night either way.

Which method results in Airbnb promoting my listing the most and will guests engage with the most (and ultimately book)?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Troy224 if you have done both methods then it should be you telling us which works best. My suspicion is there will be little in it as most people just look at the net price.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Troy224 

Promotions will give guest idea there is an special offer (strikethrough original price, mentioning the offer in booking form). Some guests love special offers !

Just lowering the price does not have this all.

But promoting your listing externally (via Social media, private website etc...) works also.

Use the "share" option at top of listing when managing the listing.