Smoking Guests

Smoking Guests

AirBnb is terrible. There is no way to enforce any fines for smoking. They will not reimburse a host for anything but physical damage. A guest smoked like a chimney and did a ton of drugs. They left the place in terrible shape, and they, AirBnb, do nothing. I have since blocked all my dates that are available from AirBnb and listed my place on a different site.

There is No, Zero recourse for hosts with unruly, discourteous, abusive and offensive guests.

AirBnb only cares about those from whom they make their money - the guests.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stuart94 

Smoking guests are terrible when you offer a non-smoking accommodation. After they left you can only rent it to the next guest after intensive cleaning. The only way out is: end the reservation asap to prevent more damage, preferable cancelled by Airbnb. And yes, the guest should be charged for damage caused. But they will never pay and Airbnb will ask for proof..... but how to sent a smell ;>)

best regards,

Emiel

Hilda23
Level 1
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Hello, at this moment I have two smoking guests. Awful!  My whole house is stinking. I told them not to do this, but I have my doubts. 

They also open doors (which do not help against the smell of smoke) so the room is very hot because the heater has a lot of work to do. 

Is there someone from AirBnb to give an answer please?

Suzi155
Level 2
Irving, TX

I have proof.  My ring doorbell clearly caught someone going out the front door and then back inside with a lit cigarette.  I let them know and they said they stopped but they've been there now for 3 weeks.  What is my recourse?