Smoking inside

Smoking inside

Hey,

so I have this problem with my guest. My listing says that smoking is not allowed inside the property. As she arrived she asked me where she could smoke, and I told her that it is only outside allowed, she still smoked in the room. Not only the room but the other parts of apartment are also smelly. She left today and left the window open although it was a rainy day -of course, she wanted to cover-, but my curtains and the room still smells a looooooot.  I can't get smoke out of furniture by opening a window for couple of hours. I use a bed-cover that I needed to wash only once a month, that smells like hell as well.

Not mentioning, that I have got another room with a guest, I guess he is also unhappy by stepping into a smoky apartment, and have other guests arriving into the same room. I have no idea what I should do. Should I send her a fine? Or what? I just just find it very disrespectful that someone chooses a property where she can read that smoking is not allowed and not being able to walk out of the apartment (from the 2nd floor) and smoke in front of the house. It is just plain laziness and giving me a lot of headache. 

any ideas?

2 Replies 2
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Definately a frequently asked question. Based on these threads: https://www.google.com/search?q=airbnb+smoking it seems that AirBnB will not support charging a fine for smoking, of course you could send a resolution center request for the amount of extra cleaning, but previous responses indicate that if the guest refuses to pay, AirBnB will deny a claim for money for extra cleaning. Of course you could leave a bad review. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Big thumbs down in the review.

Would she pay any fine you asked for, sounds unlikely.

David