Snoozing my listing

Paul513
Level 1
Littleton, CO

Snoozing my listing

I found the following explanation for how to snooze my listing. However, once I get to calendar, there is no "drop-down menu on the bottom-left."

Any suggestions? I have just blocked out all dates for several months, but I'd like a more elegant way, and there seems to be such a thing.

Snooze your listing for a set period of time

To pause your listing and hide it from search results for a set period of time:

1. Go to Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to snooze
  2. Select Snoozed in the drop-down menu on the bottom-left
  3. Enter the Start date and End date

Your listing will automatically reactivate when the timeframe you set is over. The day before your listing reactivates, you'll get a reminder email.

10 Replies 10
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Paul513  When you are in your calendar, hover over the left side and all the editing options will slide out.  Then you will see the box you check to change to snooze.  Good luck

Unfortunately, still nothing popping up or sliding out.

@Paul513  Are you using a device or a computer?  Sometimes the device app doesn't work.  If you are using a computer, then you need more expertise than I have to help.  Sorry

OK. Thanks, Linda. I'm using a computer. Tried two browsers. I'll try my phone.

Paul

Chris294
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

i am having the same issue - the website has changed - can anyone assist?

Kind regards

Chris

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I does seem that with the new listing edit layout that 'Snoozing' option has either been well hidden or dropped altogether.

I searched all options I could think of, but encountered nothing.

Only work around at the moment would be to go to Availability > Reservation Preferences > All dates by default

No new potential guest will be able to contact you since they won't be able to select dates to contact you.

@Paul513 @Chris294 @Linda108 

@Andrea9  It appears this new Snooze process is one of those infamous Air BNB rollouts and it hasn't reached my area as yet. 😛

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Linda108, the setting to have all future dates blocked by default has always existed. Snoozing also made the listing additionally invisible on one's profile, which would be an advantage if one had renovations going on or it was a temporary rental of a whole home for a couple weeks a year.

Now I'm not sure what the solution would be without deleting it... So it would be handy having it back. Though I've never needed it/had to use it myself.

The new edit layout is much more logical. Set up in the same manner as the listing itself, but then easily edited. I guess they're testing it again in certain regions before rolling it out globally.

Thanks, Andrea.

Shirley70
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

I looked and looked and couldn’t find the snooze option either. I just blocked by default for the year and once my renovations are done I will undo that...hopefully. The person in charge of this site needs help with the instructions on how to do things.