Someone please help me!

Tabitha21
Level 2
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Someone please help me!

For me and my guests any and all reservation requests from my guests appear as "Not Possible" even without any impediment. I've been trying the Airbnb help center since yesterday but they don't answer me!!!

23 Replies 23

@Tabitha21 it's not just your listings - your entire user profile is disabled at the moment.

This usually indicates a glitch in the system, which customer support is unlikely to be privy to. Keep logging back in throughout the day and use the Report Bug form whenever you receive a coded error message.

The other scenario in which this happens is when an account has been banned. This is unusual, especially for a user with enough positive reviews to have a superhost badge, so I would only suspect that if you've had a major incident with a guest or host in recent weeks that might have led to being accused of violating the terms of service or anti-discrimination policy. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anonymous How do you know that @Tabitha21 's profile is disabled? I can view it and view the (rather nice) listings as well.

@Mike-And-Jane0   Well, that solves it. When I first read @Tabitha21 's post, I checked her profile and got the Ice Cream Girl Screen ("Oops, we can't find that page.") Now, it's back to normal. So by all indications it was a short-lived glitch that should be fully resolved by now.

Tabitha21
Level 2

No, it’s not fixed!!! I still have 4 guest trying to book for completely separate dates and everyone just gets a “not possible”!!! I don’t know what else to do, Airbnb does not answer me, I’ve been asking the help centre  for 12 hours now!

@Tabitha21 Ask your guests to delete the cache on their computer and then restart it. Sometimes computers get hung up in an error loop so even when the website is corrected the fault still appears. This happened to me with my bank last year.

Thanks, I’ll try that...

Tabitha21
Level 2

I had no idea why this is happening, I have only excellent guests and reviews. 

Tabitha21
Level 2

Airbnb is usually great, I’ve been using them for years! They are super efficient, why they don’t answer? I’ve been trying to contact help center for 12 hours and these are the only answers I got: you guys at the community.

@Tabitha21 A huge number of Airbnb customer service agents have been axed due to Covid-19. Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to get any help at the moment.

I hope your potential guests are able to book soon. 

Tabitha21
Level 2

Thanks Alexandra316. I hope you are right 

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

This happened to me yesterday several times. A guest told me she got told Not Possible on other hosts listings too

Tabitha21
Level 2

Oh... I officially lost a booking now, and the other one will be gone too is this cannot be fixed! I’ve been using Airbnb for 3 years, never did anything wrong, it’s been fantastic since the start! I don’t understand what is happening, and there is absolutely no answer from Airbnb help center for 14 hours!

Mary419, thank you for telling me it’s not just me... I was getting paranoid! How did it take to fix yours? Did you do anything special that I can try?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Tabitha21 Re not getting through to the help centre, when Covid struck, Airbnb laid off 1,900 staff! Since then, umpteen hosts & guests have been popping up daily, here in the CC, saying 'Why won't they answer the phone?' - So don't take it personally!

Mary419 is more likely to spot you asked her a question if you tag her - @Mary419 !