Special pricing

Susan384
Level 1
Warwick, NY

Special pricing

Hi all.  Thank you for your help.  I would like to offer a 20-25% discount for guests that book 3 nights or more up to 7 nights).  Not looking for another tenant  🙂  I can't figure it out unless I indicate a specific week.  Anyone out there know how to do this?  I'm in the New York area in the US.  Would love to talk to a techie at airbnb, but they seem difficult to find a number for.  Thank you!!

7 Replies 7
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I dont believe Airbnb has the capability to do this.  As far as I know, there is only a weekly or monthly discount applicable.  For more sophisticated pricing, you would probably need to send your guest a special offer.

Thank you for the reply Cynthia and Chris.  I had noticed a note about that, however, once they have paid I believe I would have to cancel the reservation, put the new offer in and then get them to accept that.  I really wish there was a more sophisticated system as far as pricing goes.  Especially when airbnb is kind enough to deal with collecting the funds and distributing them.  Hope to hear that they call SAP to get a better system.  But it's still a great place to list.

@Susan384

It is possible to change the reservation after booking - no need to cancel on any part.  Look up host cancellation penalties.  

You could also add to your listing in a prominent place that you offer discount for stays longer than 3 days and ask to contact you. From there you can send a special offer.

Weekly and monthly discounts can be set in the pricing area setting.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

or just ad a cleaning fee 

Thank you for your response Branka and Sylvia, but i'm trying to lower the fee for over 3 days and under 7.  

@Susan384 I understand but if you rent for example 50 € /day and your cleaning fee is 30 € / stay then 1 day will cost 80 €, 2 days will cost 65 €/day , 3 days will be 60 €/day etc... then you can also add a weekly discount for a stay longer then 7 days

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Susan384 This may sound contentious (it's not and it's not mean to be), but why would you want to offer such a significant discount for a mere 3-day booking? If you want more 3-day (or longer) bookings, simply set your rates to what you want them to be and then set a 3-day minimum stay. Or, like we do, set the base minimum to 2 days, but then set custom minimums of 3 or even 4 day stays looking out 2-3 months in the future. That way, you'll fill the longer stays first (at a decent, but not heavily discounted rate) and then, as you reduce the min stay as the dates grow nearer, you can fill in the calendar with 2-day bookings. (At our place, we simply don't allow 1-day bookings because we don't want to clean that often.)

Reconsider your pricing and your various minimum stays. As others have said, AirBnB doesn't have any specific mechanism for discounts other than weekly or monthly.