Stay Request that should not have been allowed

Stay Request that should not have been allowed

I have a two day minimum stay and the listing is set to block the day before and after each stay for preparation. I accepted bookings that ended Sep 5 and began Sep 7. Air BNB allowed a request for Sep 5 and 6 to be made, seemingly ignoring my preparation day. I will have to decline because I intended to use the space for family those nights. Can someone explain why the request was allowed?

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Dean700 If you have instant book on, check to see if by some chance this box is ticked: "For Instant Book hosts: allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice." 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Dean700 I've been reading a thread on another hosting forum of this happening to other hosts. Seems to be glitching out. Contact Airbnb and tell them.

However, are you saying the dates the guest entered on the request shouldn't have been showing as available, or the guest simply asked in his message for those dates? Because guests can ask for you to cook them a gourmet dinner if they want, they can ask for anything.

And rather than decline and ding your acceptance rate, if the  guest actually entered those dates on the request, explain to the guest that there seems to be a system calendar glitch- that those dates should have been showing as unavailable and ask him to withdraw the request so he is free to look for another place that has those dates open.