Stayz calendar sync

Beth2
Level 1
Hay, Australia

Stayz calendar sync

having problelms syncing my Stayz calendar to AIr B n B. when i copy and paste the URL it will not accept as it says it is not in ICAL format.

17 Replies 17
Hazy-Hacienda0
Level 1
Umina Beach, Australia

where you able to sort this out? i am having the same issue

regards

Juan

me too, I am also having this issue.  I'm assuming it's not possible?

anyone get this sorted?

I am having the same issue too.  A solution would be very useful.

Deanne12
Level 1
Sandy Point, Australia

Arrrggghh I too am not having any luck syncing my Stayz calendar into air bnb.

It seems that the only syncing facility offered by Stayz is to insert a 'widget' into your own (or someone else's) website that lets people see your availability and gives a 'request booking' button. There is indeed no iCal option, and if you paste the widget code into the AirBnB calendar import box, it will reject it. Thought that syncing through HomeAway might have worked since that's supposed to be the parent company, but no. No luck with iCloud either - I'm using Calendar on Mac to get an overview of bookings. A sync facility on Stayz would be super nice! (Now as I write I'm wondering if I paste the widget code into a Weebly, then paste the Weebly iCal address into AirBnB... hmmm...) Cheers, Phillip

yes i would like to import stayz calendar into airbnb and cannot see that there is anyway. frustrating.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Beth2@Damian24@Anne-And-Phillip0@Deanne12@Tanya-And-Andrew0,

Lovely to meet you all. Sorry to hear your frustration here surrounding the syncing of your calendar. 

At the moment, it appears the Airbnb calendar can only be synced with external calendars that supports the icalendar format, including Google calendar or the calendar on HomeAway and VRBO. If any of you would like to know more about how to do this you can go to 'Manage Listing and Calendar' > 'Available Settings' > 'Sync Calendars' and then 'Import Calendar'. You can see these steps, in this Help Center article

Perhaps you would be interested in adding a suggestion and an overview on this to 'Host Voice' board here in the CC. The most popular ideas will be put before the Product Team. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

It would seem so bleeding obvious to have the faciity to sync Stayz clanedars on Aribnb - why wuldn't this have been done.

Gwyneth4
Level 1
King Creek, Australia

Has anyone worked out how to sync Airbnb with Stayz?

Kelly216
Level 1
Falcon, Australia

Has anyone had any luck with this as yet?? I'd like to have my apartment on both Airbnb and Stayz but I only will join Stayz if I can link the calendars. For those of you that have their properties on both sites, how do you currently manage the bookings without there being a link between the two? Thanks 

Deanne12
Level 1
Sandy Point, Australia

Hi Kelly, I have my properties on both Stayz and Airbnb. My Airbnb listings cannot be automatically booked but require an enquiry in order to ensure that the properties aren't double booked. I recommend that you list with both; my bookings have increased 20% since joining Airbnb

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

I haven't found a way to link them and get very few bookings from Stayz - maybe 5%. I don't have IB on, so it's fairly ways to manage updating the calendars when bookings are made on the other site. Whether Stayz will improve now they have a full booking and payment systems remains to be seen.

Hi,

Just thought I would add my own recent issues with this.  Bottom line, after lots of emails and calls, is the following:

1.  Stayz have no plans to allow iCal sync in or out

2.  Stayz will set this up for owner manually at their end but ONLY if you have at least 4 properties registered with them (and only via a channel manager)

Hope this helps.

Angus