Storm hit the area

Storm hit the area

Last week a severe thunderstorm hit the town where I rent my house.   I have upcoming rentals next week but the house is still without power and there are road blocks to the house due to down trees and power lines.  I cannot safely rent next week if this cannot be resolved.  I might have to cancel the reservation, but I want to make sure I don't get penalized for it.  Mather nature is out of my control!!!!

Please advise....

Thank you,

Lorraine

2 Replies 2

@Lorraine115

I would message your upcoming guests and advise them of your situation as they may need to know sooner rather than say at the last minute as to whether they will have accommodation...indeed if you dont have power..i would guess others in the area do not either.

I would send a message to Airbnb and explain (see link below)  if indeed you are going to cancel ...list the reservations and maybe include some evidence about the power problem...

eg, news articles..photos....something to back up your claim of "extenuating circumstances "

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavoid...

Tricia3445
Level 2
Paxton, United Kingdom

I recently hosted (last weekend) a couple who ended up with no power throughout their stay.  We set up the wood burner and provided as many logs as possible but they could not cook, use hot water etc.  Although they have not complained I would like to give at lease a small refund.  What have others done?

Tricia