Subjective decision!

Subjective decision!

I was surprised and disappointed by decision of Airnb close my account. They told me that my rating is low. But it’s not truth. People, who stayed in my rooms were more or less satisfied. They have all that I listed in my listening. The price was chipper then any motel or even almost same like camping in the forest. Complete disappointed!

I’ll find different website to host travelers

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mikhail6  Sorry that happened to you. But your ratings are either low or they aren't- it doesn't matter whether you thought your guests were satisfied, or what you provide, what Airbnb is looking at is the star ratings the guests left, that's all.

So no, that isn't subjective. Of course the ratings guests choose to leave are subjective, but Airbnb looking at your stats isn't.

I looked at your reviews, Mikhail. Some say it was clean, but many say it was quite dirty and smells of mildew and cat urine. If only one guest said this, I'd just assume they were lying, but when several reviews mention those things, it seems obvious that it's true. Some reviews say the place was clean, so I can only assume your cleaning diligence is erratic. All your guests, even the ones who complained about the cleanliness, say you are a really nice guy and a good host. So I think if you either hired someone to do a good job cleaning, or worked on that yourself, you'd be fine. You aren't going to do any better on other platforms if the place is dirty and smells like cat urine. Cleanliness standards will make or break a listing.

I noticed you don't bother to leave reviews for any of your guests.