Suggestions to Attract More Guests

Brooke61
Level 2
Fort Collins, CO

Suggestions to Attract More Guests

Hi everyone, I am gearing up for the new year and really want my Airbnb to be booked up! I would really appreciate some tips , comments or suggestions that will help me to get more bookings. Can you please take a look at my listing and advise? Thank you!

-Brooke

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12335232?s=51

8 Replies 8
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Nice place. Here are my suggestions.

1. Enable INSTANT BOOK:   Instant Book will improve your ranking in the search. We've done this since the beginning and it works well for us. You can still vet people after they've instant booked.  If you discover a problem, you can cancel penalty free.

2. Reduce the clutter in the guest room. If if isn't necessary and doesn't serve a purpose, take it out. Take the magnets off the mini-fridge .

3. The bedroom needs bedside tables with lamps; you already have two glass top ones that would serve the purpose currently in front of the window. I would suggest you rearrange those and get a set of matching bedside table lamps. Put one on each side of the bed.

4. You can sometimes find inexpensive bed frames/platforms that would look better than the wood pallets you currently are using. I think it would be worth the investment. In addition, since you have the room, add a low top dresser with drawers. Also could use a nice chair.

5.  Retake some of your photos. Photos of bathrooms should have toilet seat lids closed! 

Add a photo of the outside of the building, street and closeby attractions. Maybe even a photo of the group of housemates.

6. Guests want to know if you have highspeed internet. Your listing just say WiFi.  Add more information about that.

Hope this helps!

Blanca52
Level 2
Elizabeth, NJ

hi, i am looking for a host that will sponsor my host my acoustic music show, i am a singer spanish-pop bossa nova, just wondering if we can charge for a small stage space and charge admission.. affordable..

thanks, blanca rosas music www.rosasblanca.com

@Blanca52, do you know your question is just attached to this one host's question about attracting more guests?

If you want to post on the discussion board so that everyone sees it, you should use the "Start A Conversation" button.

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Brooke61 Ask yourself this question, “Who is YOUR ideal guest?”.

What are the types you’d like to attract?

Are you going after visiting students? Alumni coming for agame? Visiting scholars? Tourist?

The space says “young hip trendy” to me.

In my demographic, I’m almost positive nobody wants to sleep on a pallet bed frame.

My spine is looking at me right now and saying “B, don’t even think about it”.

For a couple of 20 something kids, no biggie though to sleep on pallets and it’s a cool point of furniture repurposed from industrial waste.

Mom, Dad, Grammy and Grampy don’t sleep on pallets Honey.

They do have tons of money to spend though. So I want them as my guest, do you?

Why not carry that repurposed theme all the way through?

There are great videos on YouTube about making folding chaise chairs from pallets.

Add a pallet chair, make other pallet items of design.

Now the end tables are made of pallets, a couple of chairs and the bed frame. Then it’s doesnt look like you just threw those pallets under there all third world and ghetto. 

If you don’t add a few other repurposed  pieces to make the space flow, consider at the minimum getting a better bed frame.

I found an amazing bed frame on Craig’s list for $100. 

With a better bed frame, you are going to be able to attract the folks coming for graduations, meetings, conferences and other things in your area.

I really think your decor limits you to a certain demographic. 

What is behind that huge tapestry on the wall?

Consider getting a Yard sale big framed art piece and repurpose the tapestry into a table clothe or something.

If the tapestry is a window curtain, upgrade that today to real curtains.

A piece of galvanized corrugated metal screwed to the wall with wood trim is like $20 and screams industrial chic. It can be back lit with a simple plug in LED light strip and that’s next level industrial.

Your reviews are good, you do all the things you are supposed too.

Invest a little in your listing and watch it pay you back ten fold. 

I just deactivated my listing for a couple of reasons.

I’m booked for every single weekend from today until the end of April 2018 except one.

I really didn’t have much inventory to sell, so I noticed my listing was getting pushed further down until it was at page three.

Instead of diluting my brand and just falling further and further in the listings, it made sense to take a time out.

My financial numbers have been met for first quarter 2018, so I don’t need anymore bookings.

The one weekend I have left open, is during a huge Country music festival that is held every year in our area.

A month before the festival, I will go live again at a crazy high price and with the boost of a fresh listing and super host, I’ll get first looks and top billing. 

Good Luck! 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

How do you know your listing was at page 3?

Gaynor7
Level 2
Whitby, United Kingdom

Keep it tidy and free of clutter

Good light photos and plenty of them

cheap price good value for money

Kristine65
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

The bathroom looks nice, love the Elephant picture!!

Steph31
Level 1
Swanage, United Kingdom

I need help .. I’ve set up my husband as Co host but whoever I look at progress on this . It just says pending .. how long does this normally take ? It’s now been five days !!