Super Host

Sophie1048
Level 1
Rhoscolyn, United Kingdom

Super Host

We've been hosting on your site for a few years now - and earned our Super Host status pretty quickly - however, because of a syncing issue with TripAdvisor we got double booked twice last year and lost it. I did write to airbnb to explain - but apparently I left it too late for them to 'let me off'...which just seems silly as it's a computer program - so it must be easy for them to adjust when you can see it's an honest mistake...and not one of our making!

Since the there have been NO double-bookings, loads of 5* reviews - and we have a 100% acceptance rate too...and yet we've STILL NOT got our Super Host status back - WHY? It's been well over 12 months!!! On our page it says our status will be updated/reviewed in April 2019...but it's now July!

Also, last year we earned ourselves £80 towards a trip of our own - yet this year we've received no 'thank you' from airbnb at all - which is a shame as we now have 3 properties on your site - and are very busy with bookings too. I used to tell people how great you were...but these days I'm not so sure.

Added to that, a few months ago payments just STOPPED overnight - and it took me a few days to realise why. Airbnb hadn't sent me any information about what as going on...instead they just expected me to investigate the issue myself - and work it out on my own. I eventually found a message hidden deep within my page telling me I needed to give you more payment information and credentials - but why this wasn't sent in an email (or have been more obvious on my page), I just don't understand! I've still had no proper explanation as to why this happened - and the person who called me didn't seem to know what was going on either...her English was really bad too! I don't care where people come from - but they do need to speak the language of the person they're dealing with properly. As this is our main income it meant bills weren't getting paid and bank charges being issued - which was a total nightmare! And not even a sorry from airbnb...just a message saying they hoped I was pleased with their response. What response - they were pretty useless to be honest?

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sophie1048 but I do see a Superhost badge on your profile. 

Sophie1048
Level 1
Rhoscolyn, United Kingdom

Yes - they've just put it back! Thank Goodness!