Superhost Ratings - System Error?

Azhar5
Level 2
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

Superhost Ratings - System Error?

Hi everyone

I've been hosting on Airbnb for nearly a year now and attained Superhost status a few months ago. I've had over 70 stays in this time period - one room has had 100% 5* star reviews and the other room has had 83% (with the rest being mostly 4*). However, I recently got a notification alerting me that my average score had dropped below the Airbnb target of 4.7 and that only 25% of my guests had left reviews - this does not make any sense to me and I'm convinced there's a system error. I'd be very grateful if someone could let me know if they have experienced similar and what steps can be taken to have this sorted with Airbnb?

Many thanks

Azhar

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Azhar5 it is a glitch, they should fix it soon. It is the same with me and many many hosts judging by the number of threads opened with the same subject. 

Azhar5
Level 2
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi Ana - thanks for your speedy and encouraging reply! I hope so - I find the rating system bizarre anyway and too stringent. I checked the numbers and i've had over way over half my past guests leave reviews so that element is definitely wrong. The overall rating point is very confusing too but well over 80% of my reviews for one room are 5* - it's annoying how one bad rating can ruin the average score so much. Hopefully once this latest issue is fixed Airbnb can help hosts by ensuring that the rating system is more host-friendly. 

Azhar