Superhost Status

Answered!
Antony24
Level 1
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Superhost Status

Hi,

The date for achieving superhost status was October 1 on my property, provided that all of the requirements were met.  They were met and now it states that it is pending assessment and won't be determined until October 14?

Seems a little strange, am I missing something?  Haven't had any issues that I know of - unless someone complained - and I wasn't notified??  

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Antony

1 Best Answer

Yes, @Antony24  the cutoff is Oct 1st and will not end until Oct 14th - it is the same with every quarterly assessment. It is to allow for your current guests - they have 14 days to complete their review.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43

@Paul-and-Veerle0, you should contact AirBnB support about this. You are not the only one who has the proper numbers for SuperHost but does not receive their SuperHost badge.

(Be patient with the support person, though. I think they receive a LOT of calls about this every time the SuperHost assessment time arrives.)

I have the same situation..... have you discovered what is the best way to query this? Email support? Phone call?

@Analucia14 you have your choice of messaging or a phone call when contacting AirBnB.

Go to your Host Dashboard and select the "Help" page.

At the bottom right of the "Help" page is a button labelled "Contact us"

Press this and it will present you with some options for contacting AirBnB.

Giovanni344
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I lost my superhost status after nearly 3 years because I had 9 rentals (one 16 days long) in the specified period, instead of the required 10, even though I’ve already taken bookings for a total 90 days for this year and Airbnb actually does not allow me to take any more, due to London regulations! The stupidity of the Airbnb system is incredible. Computer says no!

I was told I will lose my superhost status in July because I only had 8 bookings this year instead of 10.  They don't mention that 2 of the bookings took up SEVEN MONTHS,  1 for 3 months and the other for 4 months respectively.  The other 6 bookings were for 1 week, 2 weeks, etc.  I would  like Airbnb to explain how 10 guests can stay one night in a home and that host gets superhost status.  2 guests can stay in my home for 160 NIGHTS and give me 5 stars, and I LOST SUPERHOST status ?  Not a really sensible business model for airbnb ???   My overall is 4.9, 100 acceptance, 1 hour time reply, 93 % overall (one twit gave me a 4 because she "heard a plane" when it's listed LARGELY in my listing "two miles from International Airport" and we are not in a direct flight pattern.  Any other long termers have this problem with airbnb ?  

Yes!!!  Airbnb is of no help in discussing this new change to Superhost status.  They just quote policy back at you.  Hope you have better luck than I did.  I am ready to leave Airbnb over many of their recent changes.  

Giovanni- We are about to lose our Superhost status after more than five years of hosting due to this new requirement as well.  I've contacted Airbnb support and they have been of no help.  The company really seems to be changing and moving away from their original intent.  This is too bad as I'm sure they will lose many hosts to their new rules and statistics based system.  

Kim655
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I have been hosting with Airbnb for 2 1/2 years, last July 2017 I moved over to 30 days or
more stays because Im in a condo and the asstn won't let us do short term rentals. So that

change has been fine, the issue is I lost my SuperHost status because I need 15 reviews, 
but some of my guests stay 2 and 3 months, at best if I had a guest every month I would
still only receive 12 reviews. I think there should be different review status for hosts who
do long term guests. This year 2017-2018 I will most likely only have 6 reviews, my reviews
are always good, but feel like Im being penalized because I don't have the 15 reviews
for Super host status. I talked to a rep at Airbnb but it didn't seem like she had any great ideas.
Thanks,

Kim in San Diego

Jane235
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

Airbnb look at performance and stop looking at computer generated data when assessing SuperHost status on a quarterly basis.  

Care more about the quality hosts offer every guest and the read the reviews or the communication between guests and hosts.  

How can a guest give you 5 stars out if 5 then put 4 stars for overall experience. The overall experience has nothing to do with what hosts offered just how much enjoyment guests got out of their trip. They write outstanding reviews and then you turn around and say you didn’t make the grade this quarter to retain your SuperHost status. 

Philippe41
Level 2
Southampton, United Kingdom

My position is that I used to be Superhost but then the following yr (this last yr) because I had a returnee for a long period of time (as last yr he was impressed with the service I provided), I was not then able to take the volume of bookings to cross the bookings-number threshhold which Airbnb set to qualify for Superhost status.   So I am actually peanalised for doing a good job!

Jeannette45
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

I am so tired of waiting for superhost status I am thinking of leaving.  I work hard to host and take a pride in making my cottage clean and homely.  I meet the criteria.  I have written to Air B N B but no satisfactory reason for not getting it on my cottage.  Any one else in tbe same boat?

Hayfa0
Level 4
Tunis, Tunisia

Hi all!

I just started Hosting in January so Im still new, i ve looked into the requiremnents to become a superhost, and i meet all the requirements.

2.jpg

My question is that i will be having a guest checking in 17 of March and leaving 5 April. And I just read elsewhere that there is a 14-day review/evaluation window that needs to pass starting 1 April to let your current guests check out and leave a review. So... am i not going to be able to get evaluated and have my superhost Status because of that?

3.jpg

Thaks in advance!!

Hayfa

Charles1024
Level 1
Belleville, IL

This is another milestone in my Airbnb journey. I am excited of the fact I am elevated to status of Superhost. This is a complement that I welcome, and it is my aim to provide even more hospitality to my future and returning guest. During the start, I hit a few bumps in the road, but as everyone knows, there are bump in almost every road one will travel. I am happy to be among the ranks of the Superhost.

CM

Theresa460
Level 1
Murphysboro, IL

I have met all the criteria for superhost status that we have researched and strived for. Yet every time we call or address this issue we hit a dead end. It makes no sense. This is our full time job. We have several properties and are adding another property soon. Can someone please help us with this. We take this very seriously and are big air bnb fans, this is very discouraging. Thank you.