Superhost-Status

Jane--And-Peter0
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Superhost-Status

We have been a superhosts for some time now and just received an email to say we were losing that status. I have copied the email from Airbnb at the end of this post

It mentions 5 star reviews  80% of the time which I believe we have  (I have copied the insert from our hosting sight)....so can anyone explain what has happened.

Airbnb 80%  5 star review.JPG

Dear Jane And Peter,

This quarter, you didn’t qualify for Superhost status. We know that’s disappointing, and you might miss that Superhost badge for a little while. But you know what it takes to deliver exemplary hospitality to guests — and we know you can do it again.

Your status is re-evaluated every quarter, so keep an eye on your host dashboard, and focus a little extra energy on the following Superhost standard(s):

• Guest Satisfaction: Receive 5-star reviews at least 80% of the time

We hope you’ll be back as a Superhost soon.

The Airbnb Team

23 Replies 23
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ann10 Airbnb usually do obey the laws of mathematics (or math to our American friends) so  a 4.75 rating should round up to 4.8

Good luck

They didn't use to obey math rules, but since they started the draconian Super Host program they gave us a bit of mercy.

@Ann10  I never heard of the option to get paid early for a 5 % service charge.

In any case, don't fret about your Superhost status. Hosts lose it, gain it back, lose it again and say it didn't affect their bookings

It looks like I got it back and you are right. I made more money when I did not have it then when I did. I still do not understand why my listing says 4.91 for the guests. Maybe it's because that score is my score for my entire time hosting. Could that be it?Screenshot (188).png

Maybe I did not get it back because that is an old time period and the option to pick this period is not available. Now, I'm not sure because when I look now, it says it's being assessed. 

I am a Super Host in the future. LOL!Screenshot (191).png

@Ann10  Yes, I think the listing rating is based on forever, while the Superhost rating used for the quarterly assessment only looks at the previous 365 days.

@Sarah977

That makes sense. 

Kathryn73
Level 2
San Angelo, TX

I had a city employee 'pretend to book' to get my info for hotel tax purposes! She admitted using this ruse all the time! Now it shows I denied her request because she didn't know how to send me a note thru ABNB saying she changed HER MIND or lied?