Superhost bonus lost

Mike-and-Martha1
Level 1
Hayesville, NC

Superhost bonus lost

I was happy to receive the superhost bonus of $100.

I made a reservation with it and realized that I had the wrong location. I cancelled within an hour, confident that I could recover the bonus as the terms stated that I had 48 hours to cancel without penelty.

Wrong. Despite repeated attempts I am told there is no way to recover the $100 bonus.

Not happy with Airbnb.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike-and-Martha1 

The 48 hour cancellation option gives you a full refund, but not giving back the credit.

Quoted from te HELP (and also in the terms):

"our travel credit can only be used once. If you use travel credit on a reservation and then cancel that reservation, the travel credit can’t be used again. "

Hope this helps

Emiel

Mike-and-Martha1
Level 1
Hayesville, NC

I understand that I made a mistake in assuming that I could recover the credit, but I feel cheated out of the $100 bonus.

Carol5574
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

@Mike-and-Martha1 

@Emiel1 

Hi there. This policy needs to be changed, otherwise the bonus is bogus and puts a bad taste in hosts’ mouths rather than a sweet reward it should be. This just happened to me when we had to switch to larger accommodations. I was credited everything back, per cancellation policy except my bonus. Crazy! If i treated my employees this poorly i wouldn't have happy employees any longer.  Do the right thing here, airbnb. 

Angie-And-John0
Level 2
Arroyo Seco, NM

We were traveling to Denver to see a concert and they just rescheduled for later in the year - used my super host bonus for one of the nights. We aren't cancelling  - the performer did!!! I don't get my bonus back - that is so typical of air though - who ISN'T surprised. This company proves time and time again to be pretty pathetic.