Switching hosts

Robyn28
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Switching hosts

I have a Airbnb account set up from last year when I was renting out my place for airbnb.  This year My sister and I have decided to relist the space and she is going to manage it because I am often away.  I reposted my space a few days ago and have already about 10 bokings for the next 2-3 months.  I want to add my sister to the account so she can view the bookings and manage the airbnb account or just switch out and have her be the primary host.  Im not sure how to replace her as the host for this account.

8 Replies 8
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can not replace, if she wants to be the primary she needs to start from scratch.

David
Olga129
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Hi David, as I mention below, last year I posted the listing I manage on behalf of my mum who did not have an account nor did she know how to use airbnb. I made her a co-host and taught her everything I know. I would like her to be a host now since she is actually the owner of the property, takes the payment and pays taxes. Is it not possible to switch the listing so that we do not lose all reviews and ratings? 

@Olga129

AirBnB is a host  based system so the reviews are yours.

David

Hi,

Is this still the case? My girlfriend and I co-host our spare room and as I do the majority of the hosting we wanted to swap me from co-host to be the main host.

Thanks,

Jack

Olga129
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I would be interested in that too. Last year I posted the listing I manage on behalf of my mum who did not have an account nor did she know how to use airbnb. I made her a co-host and taught her everything I know. I would like her to be a host now since she is actually the owner of the property, takes the payment and pays taxes. Can I switch the listing so that we do not lose all reviews and rating? 

I'm having the same situation as you had. What became of the listing? Did you get the host tranfered, or did you have to create a new listing of the property?

David7181
Level 1
Sierra Vista, AZ

There seem to be issues with the co-host functionality.  I'm not getting all the updates and when I call Airbnb, they ask for the hosts permission to talk with me.  That's not going to fly anymore.  I'm taking over, I'm paying the bills, or my name will be Karin. Seems like an easy coding fix.

Caroline429
Level 1
Wadhurst, United Kingdom

A local homeowner has contacted me about hosting his current Air B&B on his behalf. It is currently hosted by his ex-girlfriend - she has bookings until Oct 2021.  However, they have fallen out and he now needs a local company to manage it on his behalf. I run a concierge business, so I am happy to take it on. How do we switch the account to me?  Does he lose “Super-host” status by moving from his ex' girlfriends host site to me? I do not believe there is a contract in place between the two.