Syncing the calendar

George783
Level 1
Whitby, United Kingdom

Syncing the calendar

Hi

I offer a space that includes breakfast. I decided that I’d also like to offer the same space without breakfast.

I created the second listing and synced the calendars. All looked good but then I received an enquiry on the second listing for dates that were already blocked by the first listing.

i have unlisted the second listing until I better understand how this can happen.

Please advise.

Kind regards

George

6 Replies 6
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @George783 and welcome to ABB CC from Auckland, New Zealand

I provide breakfast as part of my private room offering.

Some guests choose to eat breakfast in my home, other's don't.

Have you considered including in your listing the option to advise if the Guest requires breakfast or not?

Maybe that's an option you could consider and where they say no to maybe provide a small discount upon mention of it - you may like to note it in your listing.

I find it's a case of swings and roundabouts.

I currently have a guest who doesn't require breakfast but does require use of cooking facilities so am hoping it balances itself cost wise.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland. NZ

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@George783  Not sure why your calendar sync didn't work, maybe you need to contact Airbnb to find out why someone could send an Enquiry for those dates? I know many hosts have been reporting glitches with the calendars lately- dates which appear as blocked on the host's calendar appearing as available on the guest end, or vice-versa.

As Helen said, you could always offer it in the one listing, making it clear that it incurs an extra charge, but then when people use the Breakfast search filter, your listing wouldn't come up, so it does make sense to have both listings.  Or you could list it with breakfast included, and mention that if a guest doesn't require breakfast, that you will amend the price of the booking by XX amount.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@George783   Under Calendar -> Availability Settings, did you scroll down to Linked Airbnb Calendars and link the two listings?

George783
Level 1
Whitby, United Kingdom

Yes. It is still showing as linked.

George783
Level 1
Whitby, United Kingdom

3F9C78B0-803F-4E32-A944-CAC84D050732.jpeg

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @George783 
i think it’s a technical glitch on the site. Recently added a rule on my calendar and rechecked three times and got an inquiry which should have been impossible based on this. 
maybe contact Airbnb as @Sarah977 Mentioned.
good luck to you.

yadira 🙂