Terrible drunk people

Terrible drunk people

We 've just had 10 people drunk blocked our drain and phoned us after 12 at night. Put alarm on and off and the security company went there they told them to look themselves if all is ok. Very rude.

Next afternoon they want to leave and ask Airbnb not to pay us.

THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Jean58 

How horrible for you.

Hopefully you have communications regarding the drains and setting off of alarms (how did they do this) followed up on Airbnb messaging so there is a record.

you say they were all drunk - was this something you saw in person?

what are their grounds for wanting to cancel?

just refer Airbnb to previous correspondence on their platform regarding the alarms and drainage.

Say there is no reason to refund as your listing was as described. Say that in addition to this you will be raising a damage request for fixing the drains and any call  out charges from the alarm company

Yes I heard in they way she spoke and the alarm company s representative saw it when he met the guy outside.

They now carry on  because the guy saw a gun in the alarm guys pocket. Oh my word it's a horrible experience dealing with people that make trouble and stay and then not want to pay. 

It's our only income as we are pensioners 

Please does anyone know how to contact someone at Airbnb from South Africa? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you look at the CONTACT AIRBNB post towards the top of the forum you are posting in @Jean58  it should have the customer services number for South Africa and ways of contacting them on social media. You can also contact them via the guests booking confirmation.

We are so upset because people enjoy the Subird selfcatering house as you will be able to see on Google on the other sites. 

The person that booked wasn't at the house and the poor people said they don't understand because they love the place. They were just told to pack and leave. 

I can't find anyone at Airbnb to speak to and no one answer our mails.

Can anyone please help. 

We had a LOT of losses etc now

Thank you Helen for your advice

Much appreciated 

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

What was the reason for them calling you at midnight? 

Dear Amanda

To tell us to come fix the drain that they've blocked.  Then when we told them we will first thing in the morning they started playing , putting the alarm on and off till the security company got upset and went there. MSS

Now they say lie, me Jean went there with a gun.  None of us neither me ever had a gun and havnt been to the house till today. 

WE 'VE TAKEN PICTURES ALSO OF THE BLACK BAG FULL OF EMPTY ALCOHOL AND BEER BOTTELS. The notifications from MSS and phone call etc. 

The shower is black from something that they put in it.

It's terrible.