Terrible service

Stephen396
Level 1
Offaly, Ireland

Terrible service

I had a booking with AIR bnb for friday 18th may 2018 till the following day. Host canceled last night, 3 days before I'm due to stay. Get an email saying I've an extra 10% to spend on somewhere to stay but everywhere costs 2 x what I did due to a concert in the city on the night (which I'm going to as well). Rang customer service to be greeted by a guy telling me theres nothing he can do and hosts can cancel anytime and all I'll get is a 10% voucher. He then hung up on me? I'm absolutly shocked and disgusted with this service. As an intermediate you are responsible for guests. Its what your paid for. You should make an effort to help me find something else. He even suggested I stay a bit outside the city? Who is going to pay for taxis? Unbelievably bad service. 

2 Replies 2

@Stephen396 what a lot of trouble!

Please be aware that this discussion board is not Airbnb, so this is not the place to request help from Airbnb.

(This is just a place for Airbnb guests and hosts to chat with each other.)

There should have been contact information for Airbnb in your reservation emails.

Otherwise,

On your Help page, near the bottom right is a "Contact us" button.
Or you can use this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Once you are on the "Contact us" page, choose "Its something else"

This will give you the choice to either exchange messages with AirBnB or to speak to someone on the phone.
(Using the "Contact us" by phone gives you the option to have them call you, so you don't have to wait on hold.)

If you don't mind waiting on the phone:

Ireland: +353 1 697 1831
United States +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Elaine234
Level 2
Lompoc, CA

Hey Stephen, no solution... just with you in solidarity. They double charged my account to 4 k then hung up - 2 different times after over and hour on the phone with calm interactions, 8 calls later still no solution/help. Spend your money elsewhere!