The booking guest tried to hide from me

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

The booking guest tried to hide from me

Please advise me with this situation!

A guest never responded after I sent Self check in instructions and picture illustrations. Never informed me when arriving. I sent numerous messages to urge him to reply but still no response. They suddenly showed up while I was driving on freeway for meeting. ( my son informed me). I rushed back to help them,  asked them to wait for me, but they disappeared with door unlocked, luggages everywhere . Later I heard someone back. Tried to knock the door, a couple and 6-8 others  showed up and told me the person who booked was not there, the couple requested 2 car parking space, I removed my own car out, granted them 2 parking space. “I have to see the person who booked with me, please inform him to reply my messages and let me know  when convenient for him to meet”. the couple said yes.

But I never heard that person back until they checked out (can’t pronounce his name as it was written in Korean in his profile).

He just left me a ONE star review with no reason or detailed suggestions etc, only one sentence “there was ants”

I requested Airbnb to investigate this, and remove the  unfair review as it will take me 19 FIVE stars review to recover. 

I high lighted the Airbnb review policy regarding personal experience review, but case manager rejected me! Airbnb doesn’t protect host from bad guests....true?

Any advise?

thank you for any suggestions!

Lan 

周蘭
3 Replies 3
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Lan1  If you are able to prove that the guest who booked was not in the group of guests you met, you might have a chance to have the review removed.

You may read my experience of removing a 1 star review from the following post. It is a lengthy and hard process. But I believe that Airbnb will consider a change if we hosts can try to protest against getting a retaliatory review.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Airbnb-CS-does-not-want-to-remove-1-star-retaliatory-review...

Good luck!

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

@Alice595  thank you so much for your advice! 

周蘭

@Lan1  You are welcome! I read one post here in the forum. One host had a review successfully removed because the guest who registered did not actually stay. It is against Airbnb policy for unregistered guests staying in a host's accommodation.