The guest doesn't know how to cancel

Marion458
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

The guest doesn't know how to cancel

The guest has paid but is now cancelling but tells me they don't know how to do this. Can someone tell me how to guide them through (as now of course I cant cancel for them as I will lose the week).

Thanks.

10 Replies 10
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marion458 

You are right that you shouldn't Cancel as you will penalized and receive automated review of cancellation.

You should simply advise Guest to contact Airbnb because Guest pays Airbnb not the Host.

Let Airbnb guide Guest through Cancellation.

Don't get involved and waste your time.

Best Wishes. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marion458 

Ps. Remember both parties pay 'Service Fee' to Airbnb.

Since Guest has paid Service Fee to the company, it's their job to guide the Guest through Cancellation.

The Guest will also lose their service fee unless it's 'extenuating circumstances'.

Marion458
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Marion458,

Welcome to the Community!

I think I would follow Alon's advice on this one. Also, were you able to sort everything out with your guest?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Marion458
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice. I screen shot the info. It's just been several days since they said they would cancel. So hopefully they'll do it now. Thanks.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the quick reply @Marion458!

Would you mind keeping us updated? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Actually my guest says she is unable to do this despite me sending her a screen grab with the instructions.  

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marion458 @Quincy 

Since you are unable to help, please consider to ask your Guest to phone Airbnb and talk her through it.

It depends on the country she's booking from, but she should easily be able to find a phone number.

If you wish to call Airbnb and ask Customer Service to help the Guest, our phone number in UK is 0203 318 1111.

Best Wishes.

Okay, at this point your guest needs to call Airbnb, @Marion458 . You have done everything possible to help. Tell them, for their own sake, that time is of the essence. 

It is for their own sake. It is also for yours.

It gets very messy when they are blocking your calendar, want a refund without doing anything on their end, and then get a chance to review. Suddenly they discover how to use the system again.

So if they keep stalling, you may have to phone yourself. But point to the message thread, so customer service knows exactly what is happening.