The host is asking me to sign on their agreement that is far different from AirBnB policy.

Kevin352
Level 1
Prattville, AL

The host is asking me to sign on their agreement that is far different from AirBnB policy.

I made a reservation for 2 nigths in Nov. with a host...a kind of condo rental company.

After accepting my reservation, the host sent me an e-mail, asking me to sign on their own agreement.

- AirBnB cancellation policy(strict)

Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.

- Their agreement

CANCELATION POLICY:There is a $200.00 cancelation fee for any cancelation notification received more than45 days prior to occupancy. There are no refunds if the reservation iscanceledless than45 days prior to the arrival date. 

Since I didn't want to sign on their agreement, I asked them to cancel their acceptance of my reservation for full refund.

But they don't cancell but ask me to cancel my reservation which will be resulted in 50% refund.

Is it possible for host to ask guest to sign on their own contract which is diffreent from AirBnB's, specially after accepting reservation that is based on AirBnB's policy ?

2 Replies 2
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

Don't cancel. Reach out to Airbnb and tell them what happened. They will cancel for you so you will not be out any fees and inform the host that is not acceptable. Good luck

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi Kevin

You need to contact airbnb, contact details should be on your booking confirmation or use one of the way's below.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

I think you should get a full refund, let us know how you get on