Theft from cohost

Leane3
Level 1
Welwyn, United Kingdom

Theft from cohost

Hi guys I’m new here my Name is Leane I’m in the uk !

id like to ask for some help if you can ?

my co host has stolen Over £2000 plus from me sending slandering emails I’m lost for words really ?

i was introduced to her fronm a so called mate ? 

Anyway I put my trust in her and believed all she told me about airbnb rules regs ect ... so 

she made her herself primary host/ owner - I own my property no mortgage , so all my payments  went into her account and then she paid me / only later to find she has blatantly stolen my payment from last booking and god only knows how much else 😔 

Now accusing me of stealing from her 😂 

airbnb don’t want to help 

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Leane3  AirBnB can not help you with this it's up to you to fix it. First thing you do is not honor any of her bookings anymore. Send a locksmith over and immediately change the locks. You need to be in charge of the financial end of things, so when you relist you are the host and this kind of thing can not happen again. Put out a request for a cohost in your area you can try on the forum. Interveiw them well. I assume you are a remote host, if not you may want to be a little more hands on. You'll need to move fast to stop anymore of this from her and you will lose all the reviews, but that's better than her stealing from you. 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Leanne

Get yourself over to Citizens Advice bureau for some free legal advice.

This is starting to sound like a civil matter between you and the co host.

I Really don't see how air bnb can help,as it was not air bnb that initiated the set up of your account, but you and the co- host either together or alone.