There are a lot of guides for hosts...but guests also need guides on how to be a good guest!

Punam0
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

There are a lot of guides for hosts...but guests also need guides on how to be a good guest!

There seems to be a lot of tips and tricks for hosts and how to host well. 'Make sure you clean up' etc. 

Every booking confirmation email I get, Airbnb reminds me to tidy up and make sure I have clean linen and towels.  I've had well over 150 bookings now and I don't need these reminders. I accept a lot of first time airbnb user guests. They should also be sent a reminder on how to be a 'good guest'.  And maybe there should be a tips and tricks for being a good Airbnb guest. It should be a two way thing. 

Does Airbnb actually look at these discussion boards?  So far, it doesn't look like they are? Hosts have been wanting guests to have star ratings for some time now - and STILL nothing has been done. Also, LOCATION as a star rating, mandatory check in times, and so on.

A lot of good suggestions from hosts don't seem to be taken on board.

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Have you been a guest, @Punam0? I am both a host and a guest with Airbnb, and that really helps because I see what happens for both. So I am happy to assure you that, yes, guests get an email reminder of how to be a good guest. Here is an excerpt from the email I received before my last stay (which was last night!):

"Whether you’re a first-time guest or a veteran traveller, we want your trip to go off without a hitch. Here are a few tips to help you travel safely and be a considerate guest.
  1. Leave the listing how you found it.

Remember to treat your host’s space with respect—it’s their home, after all.

2. Get to know your host.

Communicate clearly with your host about any expectations or questions you may have.

3. Know what to expect.

Review your host's house manual and talk with your host about their space."

So no worries! Hope this helps.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Sorry - my post repeated itself, so I will edit, and use this space to answer your other question @Punam0, as I see it, anyway. It is good to give a thumbs up in Host Voice to anything you feel strongly about. That is what is monitored.