This is precious

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

This is precious

Guest stayed awhile back for 3/4 days.

Pleasant enough. But like so many of my guests, I did enjoy saying good-bye.

Now guests needs a place for 2 weeks in high season AND she now has a cat!

Could I offer her a discount?

But wait! Here's the best part: She rated me 4 STARS!

35 Replies 35
Wildrose0
Level 1
Honor, MI

My favorite all time request for my single bed/room was  just to be him, his wife, two young children and two small dogs..ok..not sure what part of single he didn't get..it still makes me chuckle 🙂 

@Wildrose0 They must be a really close family. Maybe they all share a single bed at home 🙂

@Wildrose0 

It's not uncommon in places like Thailand to share one bed in one room.

When I hosted English Language school students from Thailand they said it's a tradition when younger.

They also love there dogs!

Where was the Guest making the request from?

Ohio 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Helen427 I must say, I too am shocked that someone would turn down a 2 week booking just because the person gave 4* on a previous visit. I'm even more shocked that a host would block such a guest. I know we all like 5* reviews, but we all know that many guests will think 4* is a good rating, and have no idea their 4* is a kick in the teeth.

I've hosted a repeat guest who gave me 4* about 3 times running, then came a couple times more & didn't review (which I suppose was good.)

I hosted a lovely lady who booked 10 times, each a 1 night stay. She gave me 4* 8/10 times for cleanliness, but 5* in all other catagories, every time. I wouldn't have dreamed of turning her away, when our arrangement was so mutually beneficial!

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Helen350i was like you I had guests who gave me glowing (like Excellent) review and 4 stars and welcome them back time after time.  Then now I honestly regret it. My big mistake is I don't look at stars usually and focus on review in general. But it hurt I don't care about the Superhost badge but I care about the placement especially in lower seasons when u go down to the bottom of listings and people don't see ur properties, so more a financial cost I care about