Tips and Tutorials

Answered!
Austin217
Level 1
Honolulu, HI

Tips and Tutorials

Aloha, my name is Austin and me and my girlfriend are thinking of starting an Airbnb business where we manage other property owners properties for them. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that does this and if you have any possible tips or tricks that I could use to get started or what you think we should know. 

1 Best Answer
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Austin217 

firstly good for you. 
i would strongly suggest the community here as a great source of Information  and how to. I would also look up YouTube channels such as the below for further guidance.

“STR University”

“Airbnb automated”

To begin will look at educating myself in local laws and regulations, decide if you are doing this as a sole trader or as a LLC etc, and also decide which model best suits you

-rent the space from the landlord and pay a flat fee per month (Riskier but potentially higher returns)

- rent the space but only take a commission fee from all bookings (less riskier but also less reward)

Obviously both require explicit permission from the landlord and a contract to protect both parties and set guidelines so everyone knows who is in charge of what. 

once taking reservations- stay off Instant booking until you are better acquainted with the system and be organised and realistic with expectations etc. start small, create your processes and expand...

All the best to you! 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Austin217 

firstly good for you. 
i would strongly suggest the community here as a great source of Information  and how to. I would also look up YouTube channels such as the below for further guidance.

“STR University”

“Airbnb automated”

To begin will look at educating myself in local laws and regulations, decide if you are doing this as a sole trader or as a LLC etc, and also decide which model best suits you

-rent the space from the landlord and pay a flat fee per month (Riskier but potentially higher returns)

- rent the space but only take a commission fee from all bookings (less riskier but also less reward)

Obviously both require explicit permission from the landlord and a contract to protect both parties and set guidelines so everyone knows who is in charge of what. 

once taking reservations- stay off Instant booking until you are better acquainted with the system and be organised and realistic with expectations etc. start small, create your processes and expand...

All the best to you! 🙂

Rafael978
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hello! I manage Airbnbs in Austin if you want to connect!