Toiletries

Emma132
Level 2
Kerikeri, New Zealand

Toiletries

Hi guys,

i have just listed my home on Airbnb. It is a near ne build, architectually designed home. I want to offer my guests nice toiletries. Nice as in what i would like when going to a 5* hotel. What do you think? is is going to be a waste of money? Are people going to notice or appreciate it? I just listed over a week ago and so far i have 2 bookings, both are for business & both bookings are for 2  people, not sleeping together, (both rooms / bathrooms will be prepared) Our house is in the Bay of Islands, Kerikeri, New Zealand. Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Quite a few of my guests comment on the high end toileteries.  Some use them, some bring their own, it depends on the guests and what kind of travellers they are. Those coming for business are likely to appreciate toileteries.  I do not think it is a waste of money, but you would somehow need to calculate it into your rates.  

Karim10
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Hi Emma

i have great returns using toiletries like travel size shampoos and soaps...

check **bedbathsupplies** they have great products and they are airbnb hosts as well! 🙂

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I think if the rest of the guest experience is meant to be "high end," then high end toilettries would be a nice compliment - but if these are the only overly nice things the guest will experience, I'd probably pass.  I provide good quality, but not overly fancy toilettries for my guests.

Jakub5
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi Emma,

based on our extensive experience as a host, we found out that n.1 reason why guests choose Airbnb over hotels is a home feeling and living like a local.

Generally best thing about single use toiletries is that it makes feel guest like it has been specially prepared for them and they do not have to use used ones. 

But hotel toiletries does not seem to fit very much into Airbnbs and more importantly, most hotel toiletries are not eco-friendly which is one of the main reasons why guests won't use it.

Some hosts are using wall dispensers, but this would definitely not enhance the home feeling, rather you make them feel like at a hotel or some shared public space. 

But if you provide guests with single use toiletries that fit Airbnb homes with its design and eco-friendliness, guests are likely to use these. 

That is why we have been working on toiletries purposefully designed for Airbnbs, [Advertisement link removed as per the community guidelines]

Our goal was a product that feels like it is part of the house where guests have settled, with design emphasis on coziness. 

Of course, some small number of guests are using only their own toiletries and will never use any other.

I hope some info were useful ))

We will be launching pre-orders very soon. Website for products is :

[Advertisement link removed as per the community guidelines]