Traveling to Cuba

Khalil3
Level 1
Paris, France

Traveling to Cuba

Hello, i tried yesterday to book an appartment on your site as i am visiting Cuba for touristic reasons next february 2018. Unfortunatly, i couldn't send the reservation to the host as it seems that since June 2016 and because of the new rules of the US Department of the treasury office for foreign assets control (OFAC) I need to choose a valid reason for my travel to Cuba. In the suggested valid reasons in the "list of reason", "standard/touristic reason to visit the country" does simply not exist". I am not American (i am french and travelling from Paris) so, in this case i am wondering how i should proceed here as none of the listed reasons correspond to a "normal touristic visit to Cuba".

any help here is highly appreciable.

All the best

2 Replies 2
MariaDeLosAnge1
Level 2
Havana, Cuba

Hi @Khalil3, you must select as reason of travel EDUCATIONAL, we are hosting a room in La Habana, Vedado. I know you said that you are looking for an apartment but here is the link of our room, just in case:):):):):   https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17833095

I hope this solve your question, if you have any doubt please keep asking.

Regards!!!!!!

Paulina63
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

Hi @Khalil3, I was wondering if you solve this problem?

I have the same issue trying to book from Mexico, and also visiting Cuba just as a tourist.

Many thank