Tri des poubelles

Julie1519
Level 2
Montpellier, FR

Tri des poubelles

Bonjour à tous 🙂

Je créé viens vers afin de trouver une solution à une de mes préoccupations avec mes voyageurs.

Je dois obligatoirement trier mes déchets (ce qui me semble évident de nos jours) mais malgré mes explications détaillées orales et écrites la majorité des voyageurs ne semblent pas jouer le jeux et je dois tous les jours mettre les mains dans poubelles pour trier leurs déchets à la main ...  Au delà de ce désagrément je risque une amende voire même la suspension momentanée de la collecte de mes déchets.

Avez-vous le même soucis ? Comment remédier à ce problème ? Peut être que Airbnb devrait sensibiliser les voyageurs avant leur arrivée dans nos logements.

Merci à vous pour votre aide.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie1519 

You need to explain your guest (on arrival) how garbage collection is organized. Also tell them you can get  into  trouble when the rules for splitting garbage are not obeyed. It is my experience most guests are following the rules and if they do not, i have a word with them. Which mostly solves the problem, as the alternative is they have to get rid of their garbage without using my facilities.

Best regards,

Emiel

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

"Avez-vous le même soucis ?"

Oui!

Like @Emiel1  and you, @Julie1519 , I have to explain to guests how the trash works here. Sometimes they don't listen, and so, like you, I am cleaning up and sorting by hand, and it is most unpleasant. 

I don't think there is anything Airbnb can do to educate guests about this. Have you been a guest? Guests get an email asking them to read and abide by the house rules, and to be considerate, etc. No amount of extra emails, popups, or online courses are going to educate our worst guests on how to behave themselves.

I do have a checklist on the wall for checkout, and that seems to help a little. Would that work for you?

All we can do in the end, if they refuse to read and listen, is to review accordingly. We can keep it in the private comments if we think it was just a misunderstanding, or we can make it part of the public review if we think what they have done was willfully disrespectful and that they will go on to be bad guests for future hosts. We can take away stars. 

I do hope you get some five-star trash-savvy guests this summer!