Trouble with accepting a booking request NOW and I can't find an airbnb customer service phone numbe

Answered!
Veronica275
Level 2
Buckingham, VA

Trouble with accepting a booking request NOW and I can't find an airbnb customer service phone numbe

I'm VERY frustrated right now.

A man emailed me throught the system that he is trying to make a reservation for a month, but he says he can't. 

AND the discount for a month booking isn't showing up.

And there is more that's weird about this.

I have tried multiple paths on the site to get to help with a reservation request, and he doesn't even show up in pending reservations and I can't find a single pathway.  😞

It strikes me as irresponsible of airbnb that there are no numbers or direct emails for urgent situations.  I've even searched the internet for a phone number. 

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

11 Replies 11
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Veronica275

1. If a guest is having problems with their booking they need to contact Airbnb not the host to resolve. This could be because they guest doesn't have verified ID, is fraudulent or doesn't have enough money on their credit card to make a booking.

2. Not sure why you can't find the contacts for Airbnb. If you go into their Help Centre and search for Contact Us all the ways of contacting them are outlined there. They are also in this forum that you are posting in just above your post at the top of the forum in a post entitled Contact Airbnb.

Not sure why you are using capitals and shouting at members of this forum. Like you we are hosts and help each other out on a voluntary basis as part of being part of a 'sharing community'.

My apologies Helen.

I've been trying to get some help from airbnb for an hour, with no apparent way to reach them.  And I was "yelling" at them.  I wasn't fully aware the the forum is just nice volunteers trying to be helpful.  Again, please forgive my CAPS. 

Best wishes,

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

17902932-81AD-48B2-9D9B-3A1FF6AE2176.jpeg

Thank you Rene (& Zac),

Where did you get that phone number?  I even did a google search for direct phone numbers, and didn't get anything that was obvious pop up.

And sorry for the all CAPS.  I've been messing with this for an hour now trying to get customer service help and keep getting deadends.  I was "yelling" at airbnb, not community members.  My apologies. 

And thank you!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Veronica275

Your 65% monthly discount is kicking in if you enter 28 days, for 27 days the more moderate weekly discount is kicking in.  

If your potential guest is telling you otherwise, he is not reliable and you are better off without him.

Getting through the stages of contacting airbnb I actually came to a chat function - that should now be the best option for a quick answer.  And do not shout at them if you want any help - be humble and respectful

Thank you.  I finally reached customer service through the number Rene sent me (I don't know why I couldn't even find it on google, for the time I was able to spend).  Anyway, since February only has 28 days, and his booking request was 27 nights, unless he extends it one night to March 1st, the system gave the higher nightly rate.  (Not really his fault.)  But I don't know why it didn't give him the weekly rates, which are also a savings. 

Anyway, now I know what is going on, I can fix it.

And now I have a phone number for customer service when I have pressing situations. 

Thank you!

Veronica

Thank you for the additional lesson in etiquette. 

I do not shout at customer service agents. 

If very frustrated by the intentional maze they have set up to discourage us being able to contact them, and spending an hour trying to resolve a guest inquiry, I "shouted" in capital letters about my frustration. 

I have been a well-rated host for several years, so do possess some communications skills.

But I am human. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

When I google for airbnb customer service numbers, pages of them are there. Odd that you couldn't see any.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

70% monthly discount, did you mean to do that. So cheaper to book for a month than 10 days.

And 35% weekly.

David

Thank you, David. 

The apartment I rent out is very rural, and as I am out-of-state much of the time, and have to rely on the only good, reliable cleaning person I could find.  (And then, she may be moving. 😞 )

So I am trying to minimize short stays and fast turnover, and my time with guest inquiries, making arrangements, and making sure the apartment is up to standard before stays. 

It would be different if I were close by and could make sure everything is "hotel standard" ready for short stays and quick turnarounds. 

I really prefer people stay at least a week. 

But, if I don't have anything booked, I don't want to turnaway weekend guests, so I still have that as an option: two night minimum. 

A connundrum.  (And one reason I don't do instant book, so I can negotiate a bit with guests as far as the lengths of their stays.  And many don't realize that we're close to an hour to any of the towns or small cities where they may be coming for employment contracts.)

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions on how best to set my pricing/discounts to encourage week-monthly guests, minimize turnover, but not get into a long-term FT tenant/lease situation.

Thanks again.

Veronica

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Veronica275

Your monthly and weekly discounts are much too high.

You can set seven nights as a minimum stay but this will reduce the number of people interested in staying with you. You can also set minimum stays at weekends.

You can use a contract in addition to booking through Airbnb for 30 day plus lettings. You can ask US hosts where they get their contracts.

You would be wise to identify two or three cleaners that you can call on.