Trying to find out why screenshots were removed

Trying to find out why screenshots were removed

I posted screenshots of interactions with Airbnb support but they got removed, I don't think there's any private information in them. Tried selecting the moderators but I didn't see any option to message them, tried going to my messages to start a new message but it says access denied. 

Tried following this page but when I click moderator name it doesn't show "send message"

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-Updates/Getting-started-in-the-Community-Center...

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Declan49 The discussion between yourself and customer support is a private discussion hence why the moderators remove it.

You can easily contact the moderators by tagging them like this @Quincy but I am sure they will tell you the same thing.

Oh, why is it private? They simply regurgitate company policy, surely there's no real breach of privacy there. My feeling is that they deserve to be exposed when not fulfilling their duties as there's no real recourse for the customer. 

Do you mean in the thread I should tag one of those three people? Are there any other moderators or just them?

And what if I just quoted the discussion instead of posting screenshots as then you'd be less likely to think it's real? Or I'm not sure what solution is available.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Declan49 !

As @Mike-And-Jane0 mentioned, we remove any screenshots of private discussions. If you're unsure as to why, you can refamiliarise yourself with the Community Guidelines here. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Didn't you read what I wrote up there? @Sybe you didn't address it and neither does that link...which specific rule did they break?