Two Questions as New Hosts

Rosa154
Level 1
New York, NY

Two Questions as New Hosts

As a new host i have so many questions to ask and I would like to have chat online with Airbnb helper or phone muber to call and ask directly about:

-Pre-approved guest.

-security deposit

-how long to reeive my payment and who pays it

-How long the guest has to confirm the reservervation after I confirm pre-approcal

Thank you for hep me.

Rosa Guerino

3 Replies 3
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Rosa154,

Not sure exactly what the questions are, but I will do my best..

1.  When you pre approve a guest, it give the guest the option to book within 24 hours. They do not have to, though.  After 24 hours, you will be asked in you want to pre-approve again for another 24 hours;  that is up to you.

2.  Security Deposit - not really a S.D.  Airbnb doesn't really collect the money up front.  It seems to be a little fuzzy on how to collect this if need be.  You would need photos of damage and to make the claim on the deposit (or portion thereof) within 24 hours.

3.  Payout is made by Airbnb 24 hours after check in (usually a bit less than 24 hours really).  It usually reaches your account a business day or two after that.

4.  24 hours, as I stated above.

5.  Hope this helps!!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There is a lot of good information on the AirBnB web site, as these are very basic questions strongly suggest you have a read and see how the system operates before going live.

David

@Rosa154,

Yes, as @David126 said, look around the "help center".  You can just put terms into the search bar "payout", or "security deposit", etc, and you will see info regarding these areas.