Two guests pricing

Two guests pricing

I recently started charging extra when more than one guest stays at my place. However, I noticed that some guests make reservations for one person only, but in their communication with me they mention they're bringing an extra guest.

Any suggestions on how to best handle this without having to cancel the reservation and resubmitting?

Any ideas or suggestions on how I should approach this with guests would be appreciated.
9 Replies 9
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

I just went through that today. They used Instant booking with their 5 star reviews and only signed up with ONE guests. I went to my computer, clicked on their confirmed bookings and clicked on RED BUTTON that says CHANGE OR CANCEL. I chose CHANGE...added the added cost for the 2nd person, and hit SUBMIT. Then I wrote to the guest letting them know they were probably too quick when they chose my listing and number of guests drop arrow since only ONE was chosen, and fixed it for them.  Then I wrote to Airbnb directly on their booking which allows me to click on. Link       

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Thank you, this was very helpful!

@Sergio0 You are very welcome! Thank you for appreciating me 🙂
Definitely play around in your Acct Sergio - you'll discover so many other things you can do
If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Tony72
Level 1
Chimacum, WA

I state in my rules -- studio is for 2 guests max and that I greet all new guests. Rare that folks travel alone so I price for two
Tony
Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

Do a final confirmation message with the guest, before accepting the booking.
Something like this:

Check-in: (date) (time)
Check-out (date) (time)
Total # of all guests including children: 1
Children: #
Pets: #
Visitors: none allowed
Smoking: not permitted
Nightly rate: $
Deposit: $

Ask the guest to review the above, and if they send a message confirming they agree to all the above, then and only then do you accept the reservation. This message becomes part of the record on Airbnb, so you can refer to it later if there is a dispute.

Julia-Andrea0
Level 1
Bala, Canada

It started to happen too often do I insisted on them rebooking. It asks how many guests so why lie?

They are not all lying - we have had it happen three times this year with guests staying in our home. So it's not as if you are not going to notice. In each case they were new to Airbnb - the default is already set to 1 (instead of 0 or 'please choose no. If guests...) and some people just don't see it. Remember people are used to booking a hotel room which these days are generally a set price for two. Our guests were more than happy (if not a bit embarrassed too) about making such a simple error
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To get the place cheaper and/cos they don't read 

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

COuld just be an honest mistake, I did it once while booking as a guest as well... Oops. But yo ucan always change the booking, that's what I did and it was fine! Just ask in the little Q&A you do while vettig your future guests, I'm sure 99 out of 100 will admit the mistake and just change the booking.

But pricing for two could be a good idea as well... Good luck!