Unable to List under 180 days

Chris1527
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

Unable to List under 180 days

I cannot list under 180 day minimum stay despite having all my btr and tdt info in the system and in good standing with the county.Screenshot_20200129-135816_TeamViewer.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-103555_Airbnb~3.jpg

So far, support has done a bug report and confirmed it's a bug in the system, but they took forever just to do  not that have not updated me in days. I had to call about 100 people just to get them to do that.

7 Replies 7
Gray0
Level 5
Boca Raton, FL

Yes, same with my listing in Boca, previously registered, then un-registered, now invisible and waiting over a week for resolution to fix it. No bookings for March, end of High Season. Needless to say, it's a Lose / Lose situation for me and Airbnb.

Chris1527
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

Sorry to hear that. I hope you'll be able to get it fixed soon. It's such a strange issue.

Gray0
Level 5
Boca Raton, FL

Airbnb says Palm Beach County Tax caused the problem. County says Airbnb caused the problem. Who you going to believe? Something is going on and being covered up by silence and finger pointing. Bottom line, I have been put out of the hosting business of short term rentals.

I spoke to Airbnb personally and they said that it was caused by them. They said it's a bug in their system. The county has nothing that could even possibly tie into their system.

For now, they told me that I should just duplicate the listings and link the calendars as a temporary workaround. Meanwhile, their support team will not do anything. I even managed to get a hold of their head of IT who basically said the same exact thing as their support team.

Since County helped me get back on, and I know that the Airbnb Tax Department was totally clueless, and of no help whatsoever, I’m going with that Airbnb isn’t being clear. They still tell you that they collect taxes for us for the county (They do not.)

If they told you to put in the County LBTR, and the County TDT, most people would not be experiencing the problem. The only other way that you have the problems, apparently, are if you don’t pay your TDT taxes, and they put the TDT on hold, or your LBTR is not renewed, or kept up, or info-accurate, and it gets put on hold.  Most of us go to get the TDT, and no one mentions that you need an LBTR as well. It’s not a requirement to get a TDT number. It should be. That is on Ms. Gannon’s office. 

They still insisted that I be added to the “reactivated list” by the county, when the County clearly said, if you get a new LBTR from them, they can’t do that.  Fortunately, there is a liaison in the County Tax Assessor’s office to Airbnb, and they can communicate with people that our hosting service will not allow us mere mortals to communicate with. 

I am sincerely grateful to the County for intervening and ironing it out. 

Brian Ross
Brian1613
Level 10
West Palm Beach, FL

Look up 180 day in the search, and see my answer that is a solution to the problem.  You probably listed your BTR (Business Tax Receipt), instead of your LBTR the County Business Tax Receipt.  The corrective, and the political stuff that you have to do, are at https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Palm-Beach-County-180-Day-Delistings/m-p/1246497/highlight/...

Brian Ross