Unblock Automatic Calendar Blocking

Brion0
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Unblock Automatic Calendar Blocking

If I receive a request for  3 nights (example: Sept 1,2,3) and I only have Sept 1 & 2 available I will decline the offer and when AIRBNB asks why I click "Because the dates are not available."  Then AIRBNB will automatically block off those three nights even thoughj 2 out of the 3 nights are actually still available.  When I go to the calendar I can't unblock those two nights and I miss bookings.  Any way to fix this?

17 Replies 17

If you get a request you cannot fulfill, decline it but when it asks you why, choose other. 

If you get an inquiry you cannot fulfill decline it but when it asks you why, choose other.

Accept or decline within the 24 hours.

Never choose 'these dates are unavailable' because it will block the dates.

Send the guest an explanation and ask them to request again within your parameters.

Never cancel. If you have a problem and need to cancel, call Airbnb to cancel for you to avoid penalties. 

If you and the guest mutually agree that cancellation is necessary, have them cancel.  If they won't cancel then call Airbnb.

Thanks, that's all very clear now!
However the problem is not yet solved, since I still do not know how to unblock the dates in question.

The guest I was discussing with will attempt to book again in a few days.
I am unable to send her a "special offer" because the dates are blocked.  
I therefore assume that she will be unable to request to book the dates that we were discussing when this happened.

Thanks for your reply. 

That was incredibly helpful. Thank you. You cleared up any and all confusion. Those first 2 sentences are gold.