Unblocking Cancellations

Answered!
Steve196
Level 1
Prospect, Australia

Unblocking Cancellations

I need some advice. I blocked some dates in my Airbnb calender for a booking from another accomodation site. That booking has now been cancelled. Between these two events I have started to utilise the services of a booking service to make sure all my calenders are up to date. My calanders are correct on the other sites but I can`t find a way to remove them on Airbnb, there is no Block/Unblock option on the right of the page as there used to be.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

1 Best Answer
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

56 Replies 56
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I am not sure how to describe this but it is the reverse of blocking them, you click on the cancelled period and a box pops up.

Be warned that there seems to be no way of making sure calendars are updated other than doing it manually, if anybody has found a 100% reliable service to do it I have yet to come across it. Syncing is not instantaneous. 

Instant Booking and mutliple listing sites are not good bedfellows.

David

Thanks David, in this case I get a white window with the booking name but no ability to click it.

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

Capture.PNG

Steve196
Level 1
Prospect, Australia

Got It!!

I had to open the blocker by clicking on a date that was white, not try and work with the grey ones.

Cheers and thanks to Dianne

Julie445
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

Weird I have tried exactly that but it still remains grey after I click to save the new changes?

It didn't work for me either Julie! Forever blocked. Its very annoying especially when the same guest wants to  re-book part of those dates. I should have let them cancel however being a newbie I wasn't aware this would happen 😞

Andrea605
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I have two days blocked in my calendar because I've canceled a reservation. I was aware that this blocking could happen but, the reason for our cancellation was because the guest could not make our check in time. They would need to arrive after midnight, what it would be very inconvenient for us. We've had canceled two months before their expected arrival and hours after they placed the booking, so it would not cause any problem for them.  In that case is possible to ask

to unblock our dates?

Kind regards, Andrea

Hi,

I have a cancellation in my calendar which I need to unblock and my calendar wont allow me to make it available?  I have tried everything.  The only reason why I cancelled it was because the current tenants wanted to stay on longer and I accidentally had it set not to pre approve...

@Patricia486

One of the consequences of cancelling, the dates are blocked.

David
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

when will hosts learn never to cancel a reservation

@Dee9, they will learn when cancellation penalties eat up all their profits.  😞

I guess you live and learn-- I am looking for a solution though. 

Alex380
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

I need advise. How do I unblock after this message appears?
Cancelled by you
To help avoid future cancellations, your calendar will stay blocked for the dates of the cancelled reservation
 _______
I had to cancel on someone because there was another person who had emailed me with a querie while the second guest automatically booked (I forgot automayit booking was on!)
Thanks for any advice!
Alex

@Alex380

AirBnB like I assume every other booking system works on a first come first served basis, you should not have cancelled the booking and now the system has blocked your calendar.

David