User Experience is terrible on bathroom filtering, and I often switch to hotels as a result.

Benjamin161
Level 1
California

User Experience is terrible on bathroom filtering, and I often switch to hotels as a result.

I almost always consider airBnB as a lodging option vs. hotels, traditional B&Bs, etc.  

Why does my experience filtering for my minimum bathroom requirements have to be so bad?

I absolutely must have a private bathroom.  It is essential to the relaxed private space I need in combination with the shared space and social aspects I enjoy about AirBnb.

AirBnb makes it impossible to filter listings to those that offer a private bathroom.  Why?  I can filter for all kinds of other very minor amenities.   As is, I have to examine each listing, try to determine if a host has correctly described a bathroom as shared or private, often have to message a host to confirm, often have to give up on a listing that looked like it had a private bath but actually doesn't.  

This missing feature is by far the most painful aspect of my airBnB experience, and I have frequently given up and turned to hotel options as a result.  Please just allow hosts to offer a "private bathroom" amenity, and allow me to filter for that.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I agree with you, @Benjamin161.  If you want the shared space experience as opposed to entire apartment, then you have no way to filter for private bath.